This page, which describes the move known as a
L-step, is part of the
Turnstep Dictionary at
The L-step starts facing the bench, off
to one side. Step forward, then off to the side, and return.
You can stop on the side at count 4 for "half an
L-step" (also called simply "half an L").
This move is done in 8 counts:
- 1. Step up on bench with lead foot.
- 2. Lift other knee in the air.
- 3. Lower knee and step off to the side of the bench.
- 4. Bring the lead foot down next to the other foot.
- 5. Step up on bench with lead foot.
- 6. Lift other knee in the air.
- 7. Lower knee and step to the front of the bench.
- 8. Bring the lead foot down next to other foot.