This page, which describes the move known as a
T-step, is part of the
Turnstep Dictionary at
A T-step starts alongside the bench.
Step up on the bench, straddle down, step up again, then
step backwards, forming a letter "T" with your feet.
This move is done in 8 counts:
- 1. Step up on bench with the lead foot.
- 2. Bring the other leg up on the bench.
- 3. Step down on the other side with the lead foot.
- 4. Step down with the other foot so that you are now
straddling the bench.
- 5. Step back up on the bench with the lead foot.
- 6. Step back up on the bench with the other foot. You are
now on top of the bench.
- 7. Step backwards to the floor with the lead foot.
- 8. Step backwards to the floor with the other foot.