More new ideas for shallow water
This is an
Aquatic pattern from
I am just going to throw some ideas at you so that you can use in your classes. I teach this class in 1.2
depth of water.
Bounce 321 and Jump
- Bounce members just bounce in the water, bent knees and start off by scullying hands by the side of the body).
- X4 Bounce 321 then tuck jump, hugging arms round legs. Repeat as you wish.
- X4 Bounce 321 then jump bringing knees up to cossack arms. (while bouncing have arms up in front of the body
like a cossack dancer)
- X4 Bounce 321 then jump, (this time while bouncing, the arms are above the head and as you tuck jump bring
the elbows with force down by the waist, knees tucked into chest)
Teaching points, tell them you want to see their belly buttons out of the water. Pull belly back to spine. Knees
come up to chest. Tuck in like a ball.
Partner and Line work
Have members two lines in pairs facing each other.
- (1) Front row jog, heels to bottom, arms and hands held out in front of the body shoulder level or higher.
- (2) Back row kicks, straight legs up to their hands. Change X8 X4 X2.
Remaining in two lines, members face instructor.
- (1) Jump jacks. Now get them to cross over, passing each other.
- (2) All turn to the front face same direction. Cross country ski. Now get them to cross over once again passing
each other. Travelling for counts of 4?
- (3) Members are facing instructor again, get them to repeat moves. On the change this time they will face the
back. You can change moves i.e. jogs, pendulums, rocking horse etc., while getting them to travel in the
directions suggested above.
Remain in two lines, members facing instructor.
- (1) They jog forwards behind each other.
- (2) The first two come in shoulder to shoulder still facing instruictor, give them a woggle. They then do jump
jacks as they travel backwards pushing the woggle down in the water as if they were rowing oars on a boat.
Repeat with the rest of the class.
- (3) When they reach the end of the line one of the two takes the woggle, runs forward on the out side push
pulling. The other runs round the out side just running forward. NB if you have an odd number the odd person
just works by them selves.
- (4) ON COMPLETION Partners face each other while holding on to the end of the woggle. Moving sideways first
couple lifts woggle over the heads of the couple next to them, then under the woggle of the next pair. Every
one is going over under all the ways down the line and back again. Any odd person just hold their woggle and
runs under all.
Hope you can use these ideas any problems just send me an email. Thanks for your ideas to. Watch this space for
an aqua pilates class in the water. Have to get thoughts down on paper first. Bye
at 4:54 PM on Monday, November 10, 2003 EST.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Brentwood, Essex (United Kingdom)