Candy's Kickboxing Combo
This is a
BoxAerobics pattern from
This class consists of several 4-8 count combinations. I did each one several times on right and left lead, then at the end I put it all together to make one 32 count. You can put intervals in between each combo such as push ups, jacks, jump rope, roll/flurry drills, etc. to make class more challenging. Works their brain too, because they will have to remember everything at the end!
- Jab, right, cross left (4 count) (the key here is to get back to GO (retraction phase) as quick as possible) jab (1), cross 2, hold 3-4
- After several rounds switch to left lead.
- Step, kick, down, plant (4 count) step across right with left (1), side kick with right (2), right foot back down (3), 'plant" left back where it started
- After several rounds switch to other side.
- Duck, jab right, duck, jab left (8 count)
- After several rounds, add:
- Duck, low elbow, high jab right (do these on way up from duck)
- Duck, low elbow, high jab left
- Jab, hook, elbow, uppercut (8 count)
- All on right. after several rounds, repeat left. (I hold this to an 8 count at first. then after I've done right & left, just for fun I like to double time it to 4 count right, then left, just to see who can keep up.)
- Kick, march x 7 (8 count) (your kick will alternate here)
- After several rounds, break down to:
- Kick, march x 3 (4 count)
- After several rounds change to:
- Hop kick, march x 7 (8 count) (your kick WILL NOT alternate here)
- Break down to hop kick, march x 3 (For new members, this move may be a little advanced. It can be modified to just a little hop, a knee, or keep at the kick, march.)
When you feel that the class is ready, put it all together:
- Jab right, cross left, step, kick, down, plant (1-8)
- Duck, elbow jab right, duck, elbow, jab left (1-8)
- Punch, hook, elbow, uppercut all right (1-8)
- Hop kicks x 2 (1-8)
Repeat all with left lead totals 32 count
This is good for either a 30 minute or a 1 hour class. You can either make it quick or stretch it out. I warned my class from the beginning to get their thinking caps on! Have fun, and email with any questions.
at 2:53 PM on Monday, May 2, 2005 EDT.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Deer Park, Texas (USA)