Cardio & Band Intervals
This is a
[Other] pattern from
I use this for a cardio mix class that is 1 hour in length with many diferent levels of exercisers. This is a combination of cardio and resistance bands. You will need a step, resistance bands with handles, resistance bands that tie and dumbells are also an option.
Each cardio section can be done for 5-7 minutes. I usually use 140bpm. The cardio does not have specific counts, just do it several times. Be sure to do both the right and left sides. The Band/Strength part is about 5 minutes.
Warm-up (step or high-lo)
1. Cardio - horizontal step/right lead
- Side knee up (can also pump knee up)
- Across the top (long)
- Mountain climbers (hands on step)
2. Resistance bands/shoulders
- Overhead presses, rows, side raises, rows again
- 1 Set of 8 for each
3. Cardio - horizontal step/right lead
- Glute lifts
- Mambo squat (right foot step, right foot squat on floor)
- Squat walk on floor (knees up for extra intensity and can move around the room)
4. Resistance bands/biceps
- Bicep curls, hammer curls, bicep curls again, hammer curls again
- 1 Set of 8 for each
5. Cardio - horizontal step
- Toe taps (go in a circle around bench)
- Power squats
6. strength/chest & triceps
- 20 Push-ups
- Plank (hands on bench) with 20 glute/leg lifts each side
- 20 Tricep dips (off bench)
- 20 Crab kicks each leg (crab position: from sitting, hands behind you, knees bent, feet on ground, push glutes/abs up, fingers point to glutes, weight in heels. Kick each leg up to ceiling 20xs.
7. Cardio - floor
- Shuffle right (4 counts)
- Left knee up/right kick up (4 counts)
- Shuffle left (4 counts)
- Right knee up/left kick up (4 counts)
- Can also do only knee/kicks which then can become hitch kicks
- Could also add punches for arms
- Tie band around ankles and walk. Legs & glutes. (penguin walk)
- Laps around the room, circles, races, ect. Hold dumbells for extra intensity and keep bands on for a good 4-5 minutes (you will hear complaining). Keep telling class to keep legs wide.
9. Cardio - vertical step
- K-step (8)
- Diagonal across the step right (4)
- 2 Jacks back (4)
- Diagonal across the step left (4)
- 2 Jacks back (4) (I call this criss-cross)
- Right Mambo (8) (mambo/quick feet can be made into a double time for extra intensity).
10. Resistence band/abs
- Place resistance band under step, sitting on short end. Put band handles on shoes, lie back on step, extend legs up to ceiling while crunching shoulders off the step, hands behind head. The band acts as a leg press.
- 3 Sets of 8 with pulses
- Can also do obliques.
Hope this gives some new ideas...and thanks!
at 3:33 PM on Friday, October 5, 2007 EDT.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Zelienople, Pennsylvania (USA)