This is a
[Other] pattern from
I love this site and I have been using it for 3 years, I guess it is about time I submit a pattern! I teach a Cardio Pump class consisting of 30 minutes intense cardio and 30 minutes of muscle pump at the end. Hope you can use this!
Start with a step and two risers
- Right leg on bench, left on floor.
- Jab (right) cross (left) jab (right) cross (left) fast to beat and then two knees with that left foot from the floor (8 x)
- Make the knees jump knees, using the arms to really smash down (6X)
- Hamstring corner to corner (6X)
- Repeater three knees left side of bench (3x)
- A-step 3 times
- Over the top 3 X
- Kicks corner to corner 8x
- Up straddle 4X
- Up knee straddle 4X
- Up kick straddle 4x
- Wide leg run while straddle step 8x, high knees wide 8X
- Slow toes (still straddling) fast toes for 16
- Squat on the straddle and jump on top of bench, jump down squat,jump up on bench 8x
- Exit front 4 left basics and repeat routine from the top with left foot leading. This entire sequence will take about 15 minutes. I then move to an interval portion of the class where I really challenge them to push the limit.
- 10 Burpees (jump up, come down into push-up/plank position, then back up and jump
- 10 Front kick alternating
- Grapevine left and right adding three knees at each side
- Jump rope (single, single, double, double) 16 x
- Squat jumps 16 X
- Back Kicks 16X
- Jack with a jab left and right 16X
Repeat this 3 times through
There should be about 5 minutes left of cardio at this point. I always have them add to their step to make it 4 tiered. I do the last 5 minutes of basic step moves using the high riser (VERY TIRING!)
Muscle pump (30 minutes)
- Sumo squats 16 x (squat right, left, lunge back right, back left-that's one)
- Alternating lunges 16X
- Dynabands around ankles, step touch 8, toes 8, heel 8, hamstrings 8- repeat till exhaustion!
- Medium weights: deltoids, do a long series, usually one song length of movements, make circles with your arms, through in some military, lateral raises, frontals, you get the picture.
- Incline bench chest and biceps
- Tricep dips alternate with extentions with weights
- Glute work on floor on hands and knees
Abs stretch and you're done!
Hope you can make sense of this, I have a hard time putting the actions into words, plus I am rushing because my four year old is pestering me to play tag!
at 6:50 PM on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 EDT.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: North Port, Florida (USA)