Gliding - Hi/ Lo combinations!
This is a
[Other] pattern from
Here are some suggestions on how to use the disks for cardio training in standing position. Only the toes are on disks but remember to always put heel down to floor at the end of each slide or skate movements. Moving the arms in front of you will help to maintain good posture and to increase range of movement.
Being a Gliding Master Trainer, I came up with the idea to combine the discs with Hi/Lo movements. Speed is 135-140 bpm.
GLIDING 1 (1 disc)
- 2 Circle front right (8)
- Leave the disc and do grapevine right (4), 2 jumping jack (4)
- 2 V-step left (8)
- Grapevine left 2 right knees at the end (6), return right foot on disc (2)
- 2 Side lunge right (8)
- 4 Side lunge left with 1/4 turn right (8) (right foot is still on disc)
- Repeater 4 side lunge right (16) (keep left knee bent)
Repeat 2 more times and at the end, do repeater 16 side lunge right instead of 4.
Repeat with from the top left toes on disc.
GLIDING 2 (2 disks)
- 2 Double slide right (4), 1 jumping jack: slide both discs out and in (4)
- 1 Burpee*** (8)
- 2 Double slide left (4), 1 jumping jack: slide both discs out and in (4)
- 1 Burpee*** (8)
- 4 Ponys moving forward right/left/right/left (8), side lunge right (4), side lunge left (4)
- 4 Ponys moving backward right/left/right/left (8), side lunge right (4), side lunge left (4)
- 4 Skate right/left/right/left (8), leave the disks right/left (2), 2 jumping jack (4), return toes on disks right/left (2)
- 4 Skate right/left/right/left (8), leave the discs right/left (2), 2 jumping jack (4), return toes on discs right/left (2)
Repeat on left side.
GLIDING 3 (2 disks and dumbbells, 3 pounds maximum)
- 8 Slide right/left with biceps curls (32)
- 8 Back lunge right/left with upright row (32)
- 8 Slides right/left with chest flys (32)
- 8 Side lunge right/left with back row (32)
Repeat several times.
Burpee***: hands to floor (2), straighten legs, sliding the discs out (2), bend legs sliding the discs in (2), return to standing (2)
If you have any question, email me.
at 12:31 PM on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 EST.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, (Canada)