Crunch, Pump & Jab!
This is a
[Other] pattern from
Hi Everyone! Crunch, Pump & Jab is a 60-minute class I teach, and my particpants absolutely love it! There's many variations of this type of class; you can teach it as a 20/20/20 or 5-minute intervals the entire time. Crunch = abdominals, Pump = Strength training, & Jab = kickboxing.
Please email me if you have any questions. Enjoy!
This class format involves 5-minute intervals: sometimes I do tend to go over the 5 minutes.
- Dumbbell squat with upright rows 2x20
- Dumbbell shoulder press 2x20
- Dumbbell V-press 2x20 (palms face one another, lifting your arms up at a 45 degree angle by your ears- sort of like a shoulder press, arms straight with a slight bend int he elbow. Slowly retun to starting position and repeat).
- Pushups: 4 wide with arms wider than shoulder width apart, and 4 narrow, with arms directly under and in-line with yoru shoulders. I do this set for a total of 5 timesfor each arm position. So altogether you are performing 40 pushups! Only perform this series of pushups 1x through.
- 4 Alternating front kicks moving forward
- 4 Alternating crosses
- ** 4 Jump & Jabs
- 2 Jump backs
- 2 Alternating corner kicks (kick to the corners of the room)
- 2 Alternating side kicks
- 2 Alternating hamstring curls
- 1 (left) front kick / 1 (right) back kick - 2x
- ** 2 Jack & Blocks
- 1 (right) front kick / 1 (left) back kick
- 2 Jack & Blocks
Repeat for remainder of 5 minutes
- Plank hold with leg abductors 2x10 each side
- Plank hold with hip extension 2x10 each side (making sure leg stays straight- no bending the knee)
- 20 Regular crunches (with feet on ground, knees bent) 2x20
- Floor lunges beginning on floor, dumbbells resting on shoulders. (Start with knee on ground and press up in to the lunge, lower back down so knee touches floor and repeat). 2x20
- Bent over reverse flys. 2x20
- Bicep curls 2x20
- 4 Wide / 4 narrow pushups 2x5 ** see above for description
- 1 (left) front kick, 1 (right) back kick turning around to face back wall
- Facing back wall:
- 2 (left) knee ups with a jump kick on the (right)
- 2 Alternating front jabs
- 2 Alternating uppercuts
- 1 Low (right) front kick
- 1 High (right) front kick
- 1 Low (right) side kick
- 1 High (right) side kick
- 1 Low (left) front kick
- 1 High (left) front kick
- 1 Low (left) side kick
- 1 High (left) side kick - lowering leg down in to a squat position
- 8 Low wide squats
- 1 (right) front kick, 1 (left) back kick landing and turning to front wall again- repeat whole sequence with opposite lead.
- Plank hold 30 seconds x 2
- Plank twists 2x10 each side (on your toes and hands- butt and hips low in plank position, turn right and reach right hand to ceiling, look up at hand. Pause for a second, slowly lower back into plank posion and repeat other side.
- Back extension 2x20
- Regular crunches 2x20
- AB Circuit-to be done without rest- immediately moving in to the next leg position
- 10x reg crunches
- 10x crunches with knees bent 90 degrees
- 10x crunches with legs pointed straight up to ceiling
- 10x Crunches with legs open (think of doing a split in the air)
- 10x Crunches with straight legs again
- 10x 90 degree crunches again
- 10x reg crunches again
- 10 X crunches with heels touching and knees pressing to the floor (think groin stretch)
Usually by this point class time has run out and it's time to cool down. So as you can see I do tend to go over my 5 minute time limit, but as long as everyone receives a great workout they don't mind. Sometimes if I have a few minutes left before cooling them down, I will add in a couple more simple kickboxing moves.
*** Jump & Jabs: (jump up center, land and pivot left in to a lunge position, as you lunge you jab to the left wall with right hand, turn back to center and jump high again, land and pivot into a lunge position to the right wall, this time jabbing with the left hand to the right wall. This exercise is done quickly. Repeat 4x each side for a total of 8x) -it's a killer!
at 8:59 AM on Wednesday, November 5, 2008 EST.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Smithfield, Rhode Island (USA)