BOOTCAMP "Tag! You're It!"
This is a
[Other] pattern from
The following format suits a 45 minutes class. (They will have worked to failure by :45)
- Sprint-shuffle progression
- Students lined up on basketball court sideline, individually.
- Coach (instructor) stands half the distance between sidelines.
- On the whistle:
- 50% jog-to-coach, pivot to 50% shuffle to opposite sideline.
- Return at 50%
- Repeat both lengths at 50%
- Two rounds 60% jog
- Two rounds 70% jog
- Two rounds 80% jog-sprint
- Two rounds 90% sprint
- Two rounds 100% max-sprint
Partners (P): shuffle tag
- P1: 10 foot length shuffle between cones, or markers (no crossover feet)
- For :30 (second) interval
- P2: Resting (beginner) -or- pushups (intermediate) -or- burpee (advanced)
- Switch at :30
- Repeat for 5 rounds
Partners (P): resistance tag
- P1: resistance band around waist
- P2: resistance band resting around shoulder
- START: P1-P2 standing on basketball court endline
- P2: holding P1 band from behind P1
- P1: begins court-length high knee sprint to opposite endline
- P2: resists sprint, by grabbing resistance band, acting as "deadweight" with wide-stance resistance-run.
- P1 and P2 switch roles at endline, without break
- P2 now leads P1 back to Starting line...
- Repeat this for 4:00 interval - have teams compete for the number of lengths successfully completed.
Partners (P): lunge tag
- Start: Using a basketball court perimeter for your lines...
- P1: begins a walking (bodyweight only) lunge along court line
- P2: begins a sprint along entire court perimeter to return and tag P1.
- P2: then picks up the lunges where P1 left off
- P1: then begins the sprint for the next tag
- Partners repeat tag sequence until the team has completely lunged the perimeter of the basketball court, ending where they began.
Individual stations for remaining tasks:
1) weighted bar (female @ 45 pounds, male @ 60-80 pounds)
2) plyo box (18 - 24 inchdes)
3) an "I can do this" attitude!
Circuit is as follows:
- Students will complete three sequential rounds of
- 1) Thrusters! Using weighted bar as a front squat - to a push press
- Criteria: squat must make 90 degree hip flexion to count, and elbows locked overhead
- 2) Box jumps! Double-foot up - double-foot down (avoid step down)
- Criteria: Box jumps must be in minimum groups of 5 (no single jumps)
- 3) Burpees!
- Criteria: Chest-to-floor, then rising to a jump (both feet off floor), with hands overhead (no jump - no overhead = no count!)
- Complete 3 rounds of circuit tasks in 21 reps - 15 reps - 9 reps
- So, 21 thrusters - 21 box jumps - 21 burpees (then repeat for 15-9)
- There is NO REST! Intensity is the premise of this workout.
- Students are individually going for TIME! Mark it, then remind them of the time to beat next time you whip out this workout. It's "very bootcamp."
CRITERIA-FAULT! If there is a break in the task criteria, tell them "NO" on that rep - they must complete 21-15-9 "Good Reps" to successfully conquer circuit. So, faulty reps will add time.
It's a tough one, but your advanced Bootcampers will love it.
TIME WINDOW: If time allows, finish with abs-plank variations. These will be tough, because they involve the shoulders, already spent.
at 8:29 PM on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 EST.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Bayfield, Colorado (USA)