Not your average step
This is a
Step pattern from
I've taken step for almost ten years. Have instructed for about six. I still take other step classes at many gyms just to give my people something they are not getting. I understand the whole traditional 32 count, 64 combo but that has become so boring to me. I've created combinations that allow me to teach through six combos starting easy, and progressing to the hardest level. I also only use moves that can be shown levels in, I show all levels possible so each person can workout to there own level. I try to change things up often; this is what I'm currently using it quite an effective workout you will see everyone sweating. I think everyone should try this once, i just want to give a good an effective workout.
I work three combos through the right the switch and do the same on the left. Continue through starting on the right and so on.
- Three knee repeater, one basic, one knee travel
level 2: three knee repeater, two jacks ground, one knee travel
- Hold knee travel
- Two knee repeater, step touch right, two knee repeater, step touch left
level 2: two knee repeater, one jack center, two knee repeater, jack center
- Two knee repeater, walk around/shuffle four count
- Turnstep into a shuffle turn
- Walk step forward
level 2: add a jog to your walk step forward and back
- Hold knee travel into combo 2
- Hold right tap into charleston tap, progressing to charleston with knee crunch
- Knee travel, any even amount
- Over the top
level 2: over with a crunch side, any odd amount. Ends up on other side
- Chatleston with tap, progress to knee up charleston.
- Knee travel / side crunch. Any even amount
- Over the top, with side crunch. Any odd amount.
- Knee travel / side crunch any even amount
- Basic straddle
level 2: work this straddle up and back your step, knees stay bent, booty back with the straddle
- Basic off the end
level 2: up, straddle, hop it up twice, exit back
level 3: up, hop it down twice, hop it up twice, exit back
- Basic off the end
- Walk up for four count straddling you step, walk back your step four count. Knees stay bent, booty back, stay low
level 2: walk up for four, hop back for four
- Basic on end
- Knees up alternate, working into a knee straddle moving up your step so you can transition into a knee travel back to the front of step.
I have tons of combos, these are just two of my easier ones. I work at a few gyms and the feedback is always positive. I use music from cardiomixes.com. If you like what you read and would like more explanation, combinations. Send me an email. This is my first post on here so it's probably all messed up.
at 12:57 AM on Thursday, September 23, 2010 EDT.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Ventura, California (USA)