Aqua Oblique Workout with Noodle/2 Weights/Wall/Stretch
This is an
Aquatic pattern from
Aqua - 3.7.11 - - OBLIQUE WORKOUT!! (Jazz cd) - Cardio//1 Noodle//2 Weights//Wall//Stretches...
** First part my workout//**Next 2 were copied and pasted/added on from Turnstep 13329 and 14463
- Hands out front - above water - straight kicks in front//wide kicks//
- Jumprope arms - jump//barrell//mogul ...
- Flutter hands//straight leg kick backs//elbow to knee twist//wide leg jump tucks - wide arms coming to tapping knees...
- Twist torso under water - //add cross punching arms//low jump rope arms//& backwards arms//racquet swing
- *Grab 1 noodle - push and travel - //straight leg kick backs/frog jump up to noodle//narrow jump//twist noodle up and down..- side to side//
- 1 Arm push down//twist around//other arm push down..//take noodle to front and circle//circle noodle backwards & push down..
- Noodle out front under arms//low angel legs - jacks//straight leg kick back //flutter kick...
- Flip noodle around to back and twist knees //crunch legs//wide crunches//twist side to side - opposite elbow to knee//bicycle legs//long leg lifts and down...
- Run a 5K (Sink noodle around front of waist, and run 5 laps across pool)
- Cycling (Sit on your noodle like a swing and cycle, no arms)
- Horseback riding (Sit on your noodle like it is a horse, and alternate between using cycle legs/breaststroke arms and just arms)
- Tug of War (Use one noodle. Partner up and face each other. Each person plants legs and tugs on noodle against other person.)
- Wheelbarrel races (Use two noodles. Partner up and have a rickashaw ride.)
With 2 Weights
Lateral surface moves:
- Alternating punches forward
- Same to the side
- Front front, side, side
- Double punches forward (jumping or jack moves)
- Double punches side
- During a jack, feet apart, punch side, feet together, punch forward. (You make a quick, L-shaped move as you jump, drawing the hands into the body then punching away.)
- Reach out, gather in (a circling move for the chest and bis, big circles, make a wave around you)
- Small fast circles at 2 and 10 (great with feet planted wide, slightly leaning forward to clench abs, great for fatiguing arms)
- Breaststroke arms
- Small fast circles same direction (churn up the water)
- Wheels on the bus (small fast rolling circles at the surface)
- Reverse wheels
- Wax on wax off (alternating arm circles at 2 or 10, small or big)
- Hands to the side, together with a splash (from the shoulder)
- One arm across (from a wide planted stance, other arm at hip) (Variations: shoulders square to front: chest and back, move from shoulder; turn shoulders, pivoting feet if needed, working obliques; lean into it, adding abs and low back work, also, same moves hinging from bicep. Angle can be changed to the side and downward movement)
Hands out of water:
- Arms shoulder high, not dragging in water. Great shoulder workout, with or without weights.
- Punch forward
- Alternating arm raises (front delts)
- Front bicep curls
- Climb the walls (alternating punches up)
- Side arm raises (palms up)
- Side bicep curls
- Pat your head and switch (one hand pats back of head, other is extended out to the side)
- Wheels on the bus in the front, eyebrow high
- Play the trombone (one hand at mouth, other moving from mouth, 2 or 10, up high on an angle)
- Speed bag one arm rolling high to the side, like Arsenio Hall whooping, alternate
- Hands to the side, then forward (as if clapping)
- Hands holding any position, rotating wrists (side or front, high or low, wrists rotaing same direction or opposite)
Out of water without a bouy (HAD to add it, one of my favorites) Little crossovers to the front (hands out like a zombie, elbows stable, move from the shoulder, fast and small, only shoulder width apart. Raise up 6 inches at a time. Killer little outer pec worker!)
Finish with wall aerobics //wall stretches//yoga and Tai Chi...
at 6:40 PM on Sunday, March 6, 2011 EST.
Add to favorites (view favorites)
From: Atlanta, Georgia (USA)